As women who desire to follow God, we can find ourselves feeling stuck in our faith journey, wondering why we struggle to hear God’s direction for our lives. Spiritual Direction Groups provide a safe space to share and to invite others to listen to God on our behalf, offering encouragement and Spirit-led discernment for our journeys of faith and calling.
As a Christian Spiritual Director and a pastor’s wife, I have experienced the gifts of this kind of transforming community, both as a facilitator and a recipient. The connection, healing, and encouragement that have flowed from these groups has been transformative. It’s now my joy to provide the same kinds of community to others. Beginning in January, I will be facilitating two Spiritual Direction Groups (via Zoom) for women wanting to go deeper with God and others on their faith journey.
Interested in learning more? Read on…
What is a Spiritual Direction Group?
Simply put, group spiritual direction creates a space to pay attention to the work God is doing in our lives with other people who are doing the same. We accomplish this by:
- making dedicated time for each participant to share with the group from their current faith journey. It might be an experience, a question or a matter for discernment.
- embracing silence as a part of the group’s response, as we seek to listen to God on behalf of the presenter.
- offering our prayerful responses to the one sharing.
Members who participate agree to:
- commit yourself to an honest relationship with God.
- participate wholeheartedly in the group through prayerful listening and response.
- open their spiritual journey for consideration by others.
This commitment might be a good fit if you:
- have been looking for a safe space to share your spiritual journey, particularly related to serving in ministry
- want to grow deeper in your ability to listen to the Holy Spirit’s still, small voice
- feel as though you are in a “dry place” and need encouragement
- are in a place of transition or are feeling disoriented and would value others coming alongside you to help you practice discernment about God’s direction for you
- you simply feel the Spirit nudging you to learn more about this type of listening in community
Groups will run bi-weekly for four months. Space is limited to 6-8 participants per group.
Costs: $50/month or $185 paid in full
Beginning the week of January 7, 2024 and will run through the beginning of May:
Weekday evening from 7-8:30 pm EST
Weekday afternoon from 1-2:30 pm EST
If you are interested in joining one of these groups, please fill out the interest form below indicating your availability by Friday, December 15th. I will contact you no later than Wednesday, December 20th to let you know if there is availability for you in one of these groups.
Please note: Filling out this interest form does not equal a commitment, but if you are unsure whether you will be able to follow through, please indicate that in the form.
Please note: Spiritual direction groups are not included in the Sisterhood membership.