Who needs it?
And yet, it’s SO easy to make Christmas all about clutter, isn’t it? There have been far too many days-after-Christmas, when I have looked around at the new layer of chaos in my home and wondered why we do this to ourselves every year?
Over time, I have discovered the beauty of clutter free gifts for my whole family. Not only does this type of giving reduce the mess, these are the gifts that keep on giving as they help to create memories even after Christmas day.
Here are 12 of my favorites:
Clutter Free Gift Ideas for Kids
- Pley.com subscription: This gift gives you the opportunity to gift your child toys without adding another layer of clutter to the home. Pley.com is a monthly activity box that allows your child to choose from a variety of toys that you rent and return OR a themed box every 1-2 months that you can keep. Prices start at $12.99/mo. for toy rental and $24.94/month for themed boxes. Brands include LEGO, Disney Princess, Minecraft, American Girl, Fisher-Price and much more. I think the LEGO sets are the best value because kids can have the opportunity to put sets together that might not fit into the budget to buy, then return them for new sets.
- A family outing or day trip: This is one of our favorite gifts to give our boys. Whether it be a trip to the movies or an aquarium or the zoo, there’s nothing better than making memories as a family.
- Better Homes and Gardens New Junior Cook Book (Better Homes and Gardens Cooking): This cookbook brings back some fun memories! My aunt and uncle gave me the original version when I was 8 years old and I still have it. Written in the sidebar are notes about the times that my sisters and I tried out various recipes. I love the idea of doing the same with my kids, so I just grabbed one for my son!
Clutter Free Gift Ideas for Teens
- Board games: Nerts, Say Anything, Ticket to Ride
- Gym membership: Give the gift of getting their body moving! Better yet, ask for the gift for yourself and make it a family outing.
- Netflix subscription: A friend gave our family a gift subscription last year and it was a hit with all of us. Perfect for family movie nights too. You could have a little fun and give a movie night gift box too.
Clutter Free Gift Ideas for Men
- Audible subscription: I gave my husband this gift last year. It’s perfect for listening to audio books on long trips.
- Sporting event tickets: Hard to go wrong with this one!
Clutter Free Gift Ideas for Women
- HP Printer and Instant Ink Subscription: I am not kidding when I say this is possibly the best thing I have ever received. Never running out of ink again? Having ink sent to me by mail? Printing in color or black and white for the same cost? Yes please! Read my review about it here.
- Stitch Fix subscription: I have used Stitch Fix online styling service multiple times. While items of clothing are a little pricier than my frugal nature prefers, I really love the items that I have kept. It’s always exciting to open a box!
Clutter Free Gift Ideas for Grandparents
- Pie of the Month Club: This is one of my favorite gifts we have ever given my grandparents, who dislike clutter, but love quality time. My siblings and parents and I took turns bringing them a pie and enjoying time together over the course of the year. It was the gift that kept on giving! Click here to print your very own Pie of the Month gift certificate.
- Stamps, Stationery and Personalized Return Address Labels: This is a fun idea if you have a grandparent who still likes to send out snail mail. You could even address some envelopes to yourself!
Want 100 more Clutter-Free Gift Ideas for the whole family? Click here to grab your free download and let’s choose less over stress together this Christmas!